05.02.08

Climate change

Snowstorm in Germany when we tried to get to the Airport (thanks Joern and Patrick!) and a delayed flight with no available connections anymore can sometimes cause good luck! I found a great travel mate, Verena, and we had a good time in Madrid, New York and San Salvador, always being worried for our luggage that surprinsingly found its way to Managua. Once arrived in Nicaragua, a documentary maker from the US and founder of an NGO in Nica picked Verena and me up and took us immediatly on a trip through parts of the country between Managua, Masaya and Granada. People were hanging around on the streets, getting drunk after church (it was sunday!), went to baseball and football games. Eventually we arrived at the laguna apoyo, a vulcanic lake which was fucking touristy, but the best to start the trip with after a 38 hours travel. After all: there was no taxista robbing me, no barrio that caused my anxienty, instead a peaceful start at 27 degrees, some interesting insights into the country and lovely contacts.

Now I went to Estelí, trying to get the basic spanish, living at Mama Lupita who isn´t afraid to tell me all stories I want to hear although I hardly understand anything. But I think she will be worth the next post and then hopefully enriched with some pictures! Oposite of the internet spot they go crazy at an evangelical church, with crazy shouting and something which some poeple might declare singing (Halleluja!). Let's see what's up there and then continue with el preterito y el imperfecto! Hasta luego!

Keine Kommentare: