03.05.09

Kilometro 30

Roundabout somewhere between Ciudad del Este and Coronel Oviedo, Paraguay. Junction of the routes 6 and 7. I am waiting for a ride to Hohenau, sun has set already at 17.30, leaving the scenery spotlighted by streetlamps and the flames of mobile street kitchens. Middle aged women with wide hips and short skirts sell chipa to bypassing car drivers, families offloading numerous suitcases on the dusty ground and ticket sellers with pink paperrolls scroll around their territory. The noise of bypassing rural pick ups dont disturb the family life around their empanada business. Sitting on a rotten bank, an older lady with convincing smile who lives in the neighbourhood offers me her telephone number. Next time that I pass here, I shall call here. Then she will cook a real paraguayan dish for me.

Keine Kommentare: